Just a hadith that I really like and felt like sharing. And plus it’s one you will often hear people refer to, so I thought it would be nice to put the entire text of it up:
Narrated Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu):
The Prophet (sala Allahu ‘alayhi wa salaam) said, “Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. They are:
(1) a just ruler;
(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),
(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);
(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah’s sake and they meet and part in Allah’s cause only;
(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth and says: ‘I fear Allah’;
(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).
(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears.”
Bukhari Vol. 2 : 504
May we be among those in His shade. Ameen.